Considering that the last Yuletide I did was posted nearly at the last minute and was really only the first third (ish?) of what it became... I'm doing fantabulastic right now! Don't die of shock, or anything, but my Yuletide fic for 2010 is actually DONE. Yes. The whole thing. Seriously. I know, I'm flabbergasted, too! WOOHOOHOO! \o/
It would have still been going, and probably ate my whole weekend and stressed me out like mad (like last year), but I had a nice talk with
storyfan a few days ago (*huggaluvs the
storyfan*) and she talked me round into a better perspective. I didn't have to do a big ol' epic or anything all ambitious. Just a nice little story. Good enough. I swear, it was like a total LIGHT BULB! moment! I had already done nearly the 1k minimum by that time and realized that what I had could work into a nice little fic without too much trouble at all. So that's what I did. I cannot TELL you how relieved I am! Thanks again,
storyfan, you rock like tectonic plates! <3
In other news... Part of the reason I'm so stressin' on this, or WAS, is that the Muse is being WAY too prolific right now. Yes, I know, I'm not complaining so much as... um... Okay, I'm SORT of complaining, but I'm enjoying it at the same time, so that's kind of weird, I know. Details below, if you're interested, ignore if not, it's okay. ;)
Just the CURRENT things on my plate (by which I mean I am working on them each in a sort of rotating cycle:
So, you can see why I was freaking about the Yuletide I crazily signed up for. I've got several Joosters that are going to shuffle back onto my "fic-plate" after some of these are done, as well as some Mycroft/Penney stuff that I've had outlined and waiting for FAR too long. Thing is? I'm ENJOYING my writing SO MUCH right now. I'm mostly whining because I don't have the TIME to devote to it that I would like. If I could be independently wealthy enough to just WRITE as my 'job', then I would be deliriously happy, I tell you. I may not be as GOOD at it as I would like, but I'm ENJOYING it, so I think that's still a good thing.
.
It would have still been going, and probably ate my whole weekend and stressed me out like mad (like last year), but I had a nice talk with
In other news... Part of the reason I'm so stressin' on this, or WAS, is that the Muse is being WAY too prolific right now. Yes, I know, I'm not complaining so much as... um... Okay, I'm SORT of complaining, but I'm enjoying it at the same time, so that's kind of weird, I know. Details below, if you're interested, ignore if not, it's okay. ;)
Just the CURRENT things on my plate (by which I mean I am working on them each in a sort of rotating cycle:
- I've got my Nano - Jooster AU, prequel to "Death Wears A Bowler" and it's a bit over halfway at this point.
- I've got the Were-Fic - an AU Beeblock prompt-fill called "When The Impossible Refuses To Be Eliminated" and it's probably over halfway, too.
- I've got a serial-fic in progress - "Mycroft And The Master Blackmailer" which I hope won't be too much longer, done in WIP/Serial form by request! of
pudupudu, who pouted me into it. ;p - I've got the third of Five Free Fics offered at
watsons_woes [LiveJournal] - "The Case of the Stolen Flatmate" from this request, and it's nearly done (currently just over 16k right now). - I've started my very first Tick-Fic - "The Tick And The Underpants Gnomes" and it's not even halfway, but maybe a fourth or third? It's directly due to the evil influence of
violetjimjams (egged on and enabled by
erynn999). And, yes, that's a fic based on The Tick live action series from 2001, though there was also a comic and a cartoon, as well. - I've got an Anonymous prompt-fill going on the SHKinkMeme, too. It's not listed because it's anonymous. Ahem. I may out myself once I see how it turns out. It's a direction I haven't gone before and I'm still a bit uncertain.
So, you can see why I was freaking about the Yuletide I crazily signed up for. I've got several Joosters that are going to shuffle back onto my "fic-plate" after some of these are done, as well as some Mycroft/Penney stuff that I've had outlined and waiting for FAR too long. Thing is? I'm ENJOYING my writing SO MUCH right now. I'm mostly whining because I don't have the TIME to devote to it that I would like. If I could be independently wealthy enough to just WRITE as my 'job', then I would be deliriously happy, I tell you. I may not be as GOOD at it as I would like, but I'm ENJOYING it, so I think that's still a good thing.
.

no subject
Date: 2010-12-18 11:21 pm (UTC)From:You are awesome.
That is all.
Much love.
no subject
Date: 2010-12-18 11:47 pm (UTC)From:You are quite the awesome, as well.
That is lovely.
Much love and thanks.
no subject
Date: 2010-12-19 01:08 am (UTC)From:no subject
Date: 2010-12-19 01:56 am (UTC)From:I have a collection already started, but that would be fun, to scan 'em and post 'em (AFTER getting published, if).
I thank you SO DANGED MUCH for your wonderfully kind words!
<3
no subject
Date: 2010-12-19 01:31 am (UTC)From:no subject
Date: 2010-12-19 01:56 am (UTC)From::D
no subject
Date: 2010-12-19 01:45 am (UTC)From:no subject
Date: 2010-12-19 01:58 am (UTC)From:*ebil grin*
You've read the anonymousy fic to which I'm referring up there ^ and have even commented on it (approvingly, too, which is vurra niftay). *wink*
Yes. Yes I'm ebil.
;D
EDIT: possibly more clarity, possibly less. :p
no subject
Date: 2010-12-19 02:03 am (UTC)From:I have ideas, but I'm not sure.....*sigh*
This doesn't help a nosy Nelly like me.
no subject
Date: 2010-12-19 02:11 am (UTC)From:I wouldn't be surprised if you figured it out, but if you get too frustrated, Message me and I'll either offer more hints or just tell you.
My nosiness is of similar proportions, I understand. <3