Title: Creative Waste of Time
Rating: PG
Fandom: Sherlock Holmes – Canon
Characters/Pairings: Sherlock Holmes & John Watson
Word Count: 100
Disclaimer: ACD's Sherlock Holmes stories are public domain, but I mean no disrespect or illegality in my use of them as source material.
Spoilers: None
Warnings: Not really, just wild flights of fancy and off-the-cuff ficcery – y'know, the usual.
Original Prompt: The July 1st prompt for the Watson's Woes July Writing Prompts on the Watson's Woes Dreamwidth Community: "Creative Machinery: Take inspiration from This Video for today's work. How you choose to use the inspiration is up to you.
Summary: Holmes has done something while Watson was away.
Author's Notes: I know I did something a little similar in the Beeblock fandom (which can be found on DW HERE & A03 HERE) and it was even for a previous JWP, but I still love the mental image, whichever iteration of SH/JW it happens in. Still, look! Only 100 words! \o/
Watson stood fascinated, lips slightly parted, eyes a bit wide, and watched as a seemingly endless number of ball bearings moved through curves, spirals, slopes, and drops. Several points where spheres passed through little tunnels or spirals of metal caused ringing, chiming sounds, making a strange, sweet kind of syncopated music or a rhythm that was just a step away from music. The smell of tobacco and opium permeated the sitting room.
“Well, what do you think, Watson?” Holmes asked, cross-legged on the floor behind his creation.
“But I was only gone three days!” Watson said in an awed whisper.
~~~
.
Rating: PG
Fandom: Sherlock Holmes – Canon
Characters/Pairings: Sherlock Holmes & John Watson
Word Count: 100
Disclaimer: ACD's Sherlock Holmes stories are public domain, but I mean no disrespect or illegality in my use of them as source material.
Spoilers: None
Warnings: Not really, just wild flights of fancy and off-the-cuff ficcery – y'know, the usual.
Original Prompt: The July 1st prompt for the Watson's Woes July Writing Prompts on the Watson's Woes Dreamwidth Community: "Creative Machinery: Take inspiration from This Video for today's work. How you choose to use the inspiration is up to you.
Summary: Holmes has done something while Watson was away.
Author's Notes: I know I did something a little similar in the Beeblock fandom (which can be found on DW HERE & A03 HERE) and it was even for a previous JWP, but I still love the mental image, whichever iteration of SH/JW it happens in. Still, look! Only 100 words! \o/
Watson stood fascinated, lips slightly parted, eyes a bit wide, and watched as a seemingly endless number of ball bearings moved through curves, spirals, slopes, and drops. Several points where spheres passed through little tunnels or spirals of metal caused ringing, chiming sounds, making a strange, sweet kind of syncopated music or a rhythm that was just a step away from music. The smell of tobacco and opium permeated the sitting room.
“Well, what do you think, Watson?” Holmes asked, cross-legged on the floor behind his creation.
“But I was only gone three days!” Watson said in an awed whisper.
~~~
.

no subject
Date: 2020-07-02 05:22 am (UTC)From:no subject
Date: 2020-07-02 05:23 am (UTC)From:no subject
Date: 2020-07-05 07:01 am (UTC)From: